Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's been way too long

Wow. I absolutely did not mean to neglect my blog for a month. At least I had a good run of keeping it updated once a week or so. December was one of the busiest months I've had in quite awhile. A lot has happened, and I wanted to share everything here. Don't worry, sports is involved, so I'm not writing anything totally off-topic.

We all know how busy the usual holiday time can be each year. It's so busy and stressful that at some point you wish the holidays would just get themselves over with so you can go back to the normal routine. For the first time ever, I have never had the "I want it to be January" feeling more than I did this December.

I mean this all in a good way. Early last month, I was spending some quality time with my laptop conducting the never-ending job search. I found a listing on Star Tribune.com for a part-time sports copy aide. Within a few days, I was hired.

I was very excited to be working at the Strib. It was almost like a dream come true, if you want a sappy line. When I received the phone call, I literally couldn't stop smiling for a few minutes. It felt great.

My job is to answer calls and take boxscores for all the high school games, mostly focusing on basketball and hockey. I also update statistics from the results of the games. I have met some great people and enjoyed my time there thus far.

While I spent my nights at the Strib, I was still working as an intern during the days. Throw in the usual holiday hustle and bustle, plus multiple car problems, and I had one hectic month. Now my schedule is settling down a bit, which has left me with some breathing room and a chance to update this fine blog.

Always time for hockey
I did make it to the Wild game the day after Christmas. In a fairly average game, they pulled out a 4-3 win against the St. Louis Blues, even after giving up a late goal. It was another good game, and fun to be there with the family.

We're going to the game against division-rival Calgary Wednesday night. The Wild have been sliding a bit lately, including a 4-1 loss this evening at Chicago, so let's hope they turn things around and come out on top over the Flames.

I hope to write about the game, or at the very least I'll be sure to keep this blog up to snuff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment